Only 300 programming languages one could learn? in 1966 (yes, sixty six) there was a classic paper: The next 700 programming languages. (Landin). If there are only some 300 now we have forgotten a lot...

Stephen Loosley wrote: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 00:05:29 +1100

Fifteen Highest Paying Programming Languages In 2016

by Peter Kim Follow
http://blog.edx.org/highest-paying-programming-languages-2016? (free uni
courses)

As the ever-expanding world of technology continues to grow in its reach, so
too do the various jobs, skills, and programming languages.

Since the dot-com bubble of the 1990s and early 2000s, we?ve seen a great
proliferation of various programming languages, and that growth shows no signs
of slowing. Indeed, some lists suggest there are close to 300 different
languages one can learn.

It?s no secret that coding skills are highly sought after and often very well
compensated in the workforce, but no one can learn every language, and some
skills are more valuable than others.

--
Chris Johnson Hon AsPro, RSCS, ANU