Google have notified me that they will start billing GST on the "G Suite" service I have. That is a good thing, I guess, as it indicates that Google is going to pay more tax in Australia, or at least collect and pass on more tax.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Important Legal Notice] Your G Suite agreement assignment and 10% GST starting Nov 1
Date:   Tue, 11 Oct 2016 23:13:52 +0000
From:   “Google GSuite Billing” ...

This email is to inform you of important changes to the terms governing your G Suite account ...

With effect on 1 November 2016, SG is assigning your agreement for the G Suite services to Google Australia Pty Ltd. This means that beginning on November 1, Google Australia Pty Ltd will be providing the G Suite services to you and will be invoicing you for those services.

Google Australia Pty Ltd is required by law to charge 10% GST (Goods and Service Tax) on its services. You will see this charge appear as a new line item on your monthly statements for usage from 1 November 2016 onward.

Please contact your tax advisor if you have any questions regarding the tax consequences of this change.

The assignment should not cause any interruption to your G Suite services. Your payment method will continue to be charged automatically, as in the past.

*The G Suite Team*
Google Asia Pacific

© 2016 Google Australia Pty Ltd, Level 5, 48 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia You have received this mandatory service announcement to update you about important changes to your account.

Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science, College of Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University

Link mailing list