On 21/09/2018 1:14 PM, David wrote:
Without wishing to open a furious debate about driverless-vehicles, I think it's worth
illustrating the point about consciousness by considering how the technology works.  We
can reasonably describe driverless "AI" as a system which does continual, very
intensive, statistical analysis of data from vehicle sensors in order to match patterns
requiring specific actions.

Interesting that a 'self-drive' train loses its way in Tassie.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/train-derails-in-devonport/10289726

--
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jw...@janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you
fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer