At 14:05 +1100 1/11/18, Christian Heinrich wrote:
>https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/security/national-digital-id-set-to-change-the-way-we-prove-who-we-are/news-story/4d9dc814d485cc84fb2520b9a488aea4

I posted to the privacy list a short time ago:

[It's necessary to read in behind the re-printed media release guff to work out
what the message really is.

> ... After downloading the identity app, users will need to set up a password
> and provide personal details like name, date of birth, email, as well as
> information from driver's licences, passports and Medicare cards. ...
>Users will then be able to take a photo of themselves (selfie) and have it
>matched against existing government records. The enrollment photo will also
>prove liveness by connecting the dots on the screen using an applicant's face.

>Keenan said privacy and security had been core to the creation of the digital
>identity solution, which uses a "double bind" through the Department of Human
>Services' identity exchange.

[The credibility of that assurance is in enormous doubt.  But minor impediments
like published information, consultative processes and technical audit reports
don't feature in the process.]

Tel: +61 2 6288 6916                        http://about.me/roger.clarke
mailto:roger.cla...@xamax.com.au                http://www.xamax.com.au/

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.