> On 12 Nov 2018, at 11:02, David <dloch...@key.net.au> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, 11 November 2018 22:24:30 AEDT Karl Auer wrote:
>>
>> The emergency room scenario is freighted with emotion, unstated
>> expectations, time criticality, life-and-death decisions at their most
>> extreme. [...]
>
> It's also the place where it's critical to know the allergies, drug regimes,
> and co-morbidities of patients who are quite often not in a fit state to
> communicate reliably.  Administering a drug to a patient who is
> hyper-sensitive to it for one reason or another can result in death.

Might there not be a simpler way to record this information then, say in the
Medicare chip? That way, most of the privacy issues will have gone away and the
critical info will be available. For those who don't have their chip or who
can't communicate at the time, the issues remain as now. When drugs change, the
Dr/Pharmacist just uploads the amended info into the Medicare chip.

BobJ
---------------
Dr Bob Jansen
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd
122 Cameron St, Rockdale NSW 2216, Australia
Ph (Korea): +82 10-4494-0328
Ph (Australia) +61 414 297 448
Resume: http://au.linkedin.com/in/bobjan
Skype: bobjtls
KakaoTalk: bobjtls
http://www.turtlelane.com.au

 In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to receive no
further email from me, please send me an email with the subject "No Spam"