On Wednesday, 29 May 2019 20:41:30 AEST Craig Sanders wrote:

> e.g. currently, while it's almost impossible to buy a non-"Smart" TV, you
> **can** choose not to plug it in to a wired or wireless network.  With
> ubiquitous 5G, that will NOT be an option, it WILL have a 5G connection to
> spy on you 24/7 whether you want it to or not.

I agree with your sentiments regarding spyware, but how will all this 5G
spy-related usage be funded?  Will I have to provide my broadband account
details before I can turn on the TV?

Anything which goes too far eventually creates a reaction.  Google et al gave
rise to DuckDuckGo ("The search engine that doesn't track you.") and the EFF's
Privacy Badger, and we can see push-back beginning to happen now in the case of
Facebook.  The reaction to Huawei spyware may be driven by big-power politics,
but it's still a positive development I think.

David L.