Opening up 100 tabs in the browser is excessive.

All they need to do is distribute a compressed zip file containing multiple
.html pages for each identity, each .html file contains a lot of links, so that
people can explore various links for various personalities, there is no need to
actually open these links automatically, why try and trick ads, we have ad
blocker plugins already for solving that problem.

Jevan.

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 09:31:17 +1000
Kim Holburn <k...@holburn.net> wrote:

> https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43j8qm/firefox-will-give-you-a-fake-browsing-history-to-fool-advertisers
>
> > Firefox Will Give You a Fake Browsing History to Fool Advertisers
> >
> > Using the 'Track THIS' tool opens up 100 tabs at a time that will make you
> > seem like a hypebeast, a filthy rich person, a doomsday prepper, or an
> > influencer.
>
> > Security through obscurity is out, security through tomfoolery is in.
> >
> > That’s the basic philosophy sold by Track THIS, “a new kind of incognito”
> > browsing project, which opens up 100 tabs crafted to fit a specific
> > character—a hypebeast, a filthy rich person, a doomsday prepper, or an
> > influencer. The idea is that your browsing history will be depersonalized
> > and poisoned, so advertisers won’t know how to target ads to you. It was
> > developed as a collaboration between mschf (pronounced "mischief") internet
> > studios and Mozilla's Firefox as a way of promoting Firefox Quantum, the
> > newest Firefox browser.
> >
> > “These trackers and these websites really commoditize you, and they don’t
> > really make you feel like a person,” Daniel Greenberg, director of strategy
> > and distribution for mschf, said in a phone call. “So we wanted to do
> > something visceral that makes the user feel like they’re in control again.”
> >
> > There are already ad blockers, which remove banner and pop-up ads from web
> > pages, and pixel blockers, which block internet-history tracking pixels
> > used by websites to sell you ads. I use an adblocker on Chrome, so it was
> > pretty much impossible for me to tell whether Track THIS was working or
> > not. The press release does note that if you’re an avid user of ad
> > blockers, then this tool is “not for you.” But Greenberg said Track THIS
> > worked for him.
> >
> > “In my personal experience, I opened up the influencer one, and within the
> > next seven days, I was getting ads for stuff that had nothing to do with me
> > whatsoever,” Greenberg said. “I was getting ads for women’s clothing, I was
> > getting ads for makeup, I was getting ads for skincare—all these things
> > I’ve never looked at.”
> >
> > Just a warning—if you use Track THIS it may take several minutes for all
> > 100 tabs to load. (I used Chrome as my browser.) But when as it gradually
> > loads, it’s like taking a first-person journey through someone else’s
> > consciousness.
> >
> > When I was a Hypebeast, I entered a whirlpool of Yeezys, Prada, Nike, and
> > Canada Goose. (VICE’s homepage is one of the sites opened with the
> > hypebeast option.) Then when I was filthy rich, I browsed CNN Business and
> > Yahoo Finance, went on Coinbase, and looked at the sites for Ezoo and
> > Alexander McQueen. When I was a doomsday prepper, I shopped for prepper
> > kits, hazmat suits, emergency kits, and ultra-powerful flashlights (four
> > Motherboard links are opened up, too.) And when I was an influencer, I
> > looked at Glossier, Trivago, Lululemon, Astrology Hub, and Sugarbear
> [...]

Volunteer Work Only (but you can make money)
MIT SE (UC), GradDip IT (UC), BSc (ANU),
GradCert Rsch Methods & Des (UC)

I am here for online friends, hobbies, volunteer work, and working on business
ideas, and I am on Centrelink Disability Support Pension (Schizophrenia &
Aspergers). I suspect that what will probably work is people who are on a
Centrelink payment such as unemployed, disability, or retired, since they can
benefit from me and since it allows me to give back to Centrelink, and also, if
female friends then age 49+ and less attractive so that they will find me
attractive, also probably overweight since I am overweight. However I can also
work with highly skilled people since I can make use of what I get from them
that is useful for me to be able to work with interesting concepts. Me:
Computing Researcher, Self Employed, Innovation, Management, Canberra
Australia. Interests: Especially things involving the use of a computer.
Creating, Doing, Improvising, Analysing for Improvement: Computer Programming
Open Source including C#/VB.NET, CSS, HTML, Javascript, MS Visual Studio, My/MS
S!
 ql, PHP,
 WinForms, WPF. 3d animation, Acting Improvisations, Audio Podcasts, Business &
Startups, Chat, Creative Writing & Poetry, Creativity, Dancing, Debating,
Decisions, Digital Art, Discussion of Topics, Electronic Music
Composition/Creation (FL Studio), Engineering, Friends, Ideas, Information
Analysis, Innovation, IT Tuition, Jazz Piano, Jazz Singing Male Baritone &
Choir & Karaoke, Management, PC Support, Photography, Public Speaking, Reading
online science magazines and emails, Research, Science, Making YouTube Videos.
Friendship with adults via phone, Email, Online Chat, anything we can make and
send each other and collaborate on. Note: For our interactions, collaborations,
hobbies, volunteer work, etc to turn out successful, it may be necessary for
there to be a financial cost to me in order for you or your organization to
make it work, so let me know what you suggest.

Web: http://www.jevan.com.au/
Email: ema...@jevan.com.au
Tel: (02) 6152 8010 (or +61 2 6152 8010)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jevanpipitone
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jevanpipitone
GitHub: http://www.github.com/jevanpipitone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jevanpipitone