Dear Linkers
Is it OT or just an unlinking? Lucky no one debated the merits of the NBN here.

“But both agreed with the majority that the public sector gag was “reasonably
necessary and adequately balanced” given the legitimate purpose of ensuring an
apolitical public service.”
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/aug/07/high-court-rules-public-servants-can-be-sacked-for-political-social-media-posts?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Such is the way we measure progress ... good to know there will no longer be
public servants attending public demonstrations or publishing critical
analysis, rational or reasonable, in ANY domain?!
 - unless they are directed by current policy?!
- how do ministerial advisers or external consulting groups sit here?! (Oh yes
they’re ‘apolitical’ for the life of their contract?)
- is to be part of a debate an apolitical act?
- so the constitutional requirement of an apolitical public service is limited
to those as defined by the PS Code of Conduct
- does ‘at all times’ expire before, during, after ones agreeing to the Code?

For those ‘former’ linkers who have shared your silence is valued as
strengthening our proud democracy.
:=(

Nicholas English
Sent from A phone |-)

There will always be a market for tin foil hats while we have electricity ...
do we have electricity?!