I had my credit card cancelled because the company (ANZ) detected a
transaction from a known overseas fraudulent source. They informed me by
SMS.

This could have been a bit awkward, as I was traveling and needed the
card to pay for hotels etc. When I spoke to their call centre they
agreed to re-instate the card but to bar any Card Not Present transactions.

After some stupidity on their part (they sent the card to an old
address) I got new cards.

--

Regards
brd