Hi

I still use usenet (netnews) sometimes... It's still alive and kicking, just
like irc (see www.mirc.com).

Jevan.

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 10:22:30 +1100
Roger Clarke <roger.cla...@xamax.com.au> wrote:

> On 23/10/19 9:56 am, Andy Farkas wrote:
> > [I've played Spacewar!, still use IRC, and have source code for
> > Mosaic-2.5 that I used to compile on a 386 - am I getting old? :)]
> >
> > https://slate.com/technology/2019/10/consequential-computer-code-software-history.html
>
> The contributors are already showing their youth
> (i.e. lack of age, and hence lack of knowledge of early examples).
>
> There are very large numbers of early code-examples that are way more
> significant than the later ones here, in the sense that, once they
> existed, they enabled - and even made inevitable - many more that
> followed, both directly and as exemplars.
>

> --
> Roger Clarke                            mailto:roger.cla...@xamax.com.au
> T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com
>
> Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd      78 Sidaway St, Chapman ACT 2611 AUSTRALIA
>
> Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.
> Visiting Professor in Computer Science    Australian National University

Jevan Pipitone
MIT SE (UC), GradDip IT (UC), BSc (ANU),
GradCert Rsch Methods & Des (UC)

The general kind of things I do are online (via the internet) friends and
activity partners for chat and hobbies, and volunteer or paid work as a staff
employee or freelancer/contractor, for work I have a manager(s) or supervisor
to manage me, or a mentor to advocate for my opinions and requests. Most of the
people I interact with are female. Everyone I interact with are adults age 18
or above. Sometimes I pay people to do work for me, such as writing a report. I
am interested in choosing/forming and paying a team of freelancers at their
hourly rates to participate in a recorded brainstorming video chat online short
session(s), for example 30 minutes one-off or occasionally, to discuss ideas
and issues that I think up, for possible upload to the internet such as onto my
YouTube channel. Whenever I pay staff to work for me, I do it on a prepaid
basis, so that they only work for time I have already paid them for. I
sometimes interact as friends with people that have any disability (physical or
mental) since I think that is a good way to "give back" to Centrelink for all
their financial help to me through disability support pension that I receive
due to my schizophrenia and aspergers, and also, through karma, if I help
disabled people through friendship then someone might help me with my
disabilities, and also, they really appreciate when I chat with them online. I
am age 47 male. I work from home wherever possible, otherwise I am able to come
into the workplace anytime I choose during the business's working hours without
any notice or appointment, preferably late afternoon or evening. My
Canberra Australia. My computing interests are Creating, Doing, Improvising,
Analysing for Improvement: Computer Programming Open Source including C#.NET &
VB.NET, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Microsoft Visual Studio, MySQL & Microsoft SQL,
Windows Forms, WPF. My interests are making, collaborating, and managing people
to make: 3d animation, Acting Improvisations, Audio Podcasts, Business &
Startups, Chat, Collaborations, Creative Writing & Poetry, Creativity, Dancing,
Debating, Decisions, Digital Art, Discussion of Topics, Electronic Music
Composition/Creation (FL Studio), Engineering, Entrepreneurs, Friends, Graphic
Design, Ideas, Information Analysis, Innovation, IT Tuition, Jazz Piano, Jazz
Singing Male Baritone & Choir & Karaoke, Leadership, Management, Mathematics,
Meetings, PC Support, Phone Talk (if done from my home), Photography, Physics
(theoretical), Public Speaking, Reading online science magazines and emails,
Research, Science, Web Design, YouTube Videos. My interactions are done by
Phone, Email, Online Chat, anything we can make and send each other and
collaborate on. Note: For our interactions, collaborations, hobbies, volunteer
work, etc to turn out successful, it may be necessary for there to be a
financial cost to me in order for you or your organization to make it work, so
let me know what you suggest.

Canberra, Australia
An Image Scan of something I have done in the past:
http://www.jevan.com.au/files/emailSignature/108.%20Menslink-volunteering-multicultural-festival-2017feb17-1.png
Latest Photo of Jevan Pipitone:
http://www.jevan.com.au/files/emailSignature/JevanPipitonePhoto-Latest.jpg
Web: http://www.jevan.com.au/
Tel: (02) 6152 8010 (or +61 2 6152 8010)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jevanpipitone
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jevanpipitone
GitHub: http://www.github.com/jevanpipitone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jevanpipitone