In terms of knowing the importance/ validity of articles.

There is the impact factor for research journals.

1. http://mdanderson.libanswers.com/faq/26159

12,298 journals have impact factor 0+ which is the lowest score!

Only 239 journals have impact factor 10+ which is the best score.

2. https://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php

This page has 31971 journals in it's database.

It seems to be using it's own rating:

"SCImago Journal Rank indicator. It is a measure of journal's impact, influence
or prestige. It expresses the average number of weighted citations received in
the selected year by the documents published in the journal in the three
previous years"

3. https://tools.niehs.nih.gov/srp/publications/highimpactjournals.cfm

List of some high impact journals that that particular organization has
published articles in, seems to do with medical research.

This one looks interesting

https://tools.niehs.nih.gov/srp/publications/highimpactjournaldetails.cfm?SourceID=21545

Microbiome (impact factor: 10.465)

This is because of this link

https://www.viome.com/test-your-microbiome

Jevan.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 10:19:23 +1100
Tom Worthington <tom.worthing...@tomw.net.au> wrote:

> On 12/11/19 11:39 pm, Jevan Pipitone wrote:
> > Any thoughts on this?
> > "...  Patients on the brink of death were coming back to life."
>
> Yes, a good example of sensationalist click bait. How to deal with this
> is an unsolved, and perhaps unsolvable, problem.
>
> Such claims have been spread by word of mouth, both by well meaning
> people, and those out to deliberately dishonestly manipulate. However,
> they can now spread much faster online.
>
> We can't easily have every item online fact checked. Even if we could
> technically do this, it would result in whoever controlled that system
> effectively being in control of the world, deciding what is "true" and
> what is not.
>
> In such a world you could have unscrupulous media savvy people
> manipulate their way into positions of power. Oh, wait a minute ... ;-)
>

> --
> Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
> TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia
> Liability limited by a scheme approved under Prof. Standards Legislation
>
> Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
> https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington

Jevan Pipitone
MIT SE (UC), GradDip IT (UC), BSc (ANU),
GradCert Rsch Methods & Des (UC)

The general kind of things I do are online (via the internet) friends and
activity partners for chat and hobbies, and volunteer or paid work as a staff
employee or freelancer/contractor, for work I have a manager(s) or supervisor
to manage me, or a mentor to advocate for my opinions and requests. Most of the
people I interact with are female. Everyone I interact with are adults age 18
or above. Sometimes I pay people to do work for me, such as writing a report. I
am interested in choosing/forming and paying a team of freelancers at their
hourly rates to participate in a recorded brainstorming video chat online short
session(s), for example 30 minutes one-off or occasionally, to discuss ideas
and issues that I think up, for possible upload to the internet such as onto my
YouTube channel. Whenever I pay staff to work for me, I do it on a prepaid
basis, so that they only work for time I have already paid them for. I
sometimes interact as friends with people that have any disabi!
 lity (phy
 sical or mental) since I think that is a good way to "give back" to Centrelink
for all their financial help to me through disability support pension that I
receive due to my schizophrenia and aspergers, and also, through karma, if I
help disabled people through friendship then someone might help me with my
disabilities, and also, they really appreciate when I chat with them online. I
am age 47 male. I work from home wherever possible, otherwise I am able to come
into the workplace anytime I choose during the business's working hours without
any notice or appointment, preferably late afternoon or evening. My
Canberra Australia. My computing interests are Creating, Doing, Improvising,
Analysing for Improvement: Computer Programming Open Source including C#.NET &
VB.NET, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Microsoft Visual Studio, MySQL & Microsoft SQL,
Windows Forms, WPF. My interests are making, collaborating, and !
 managing
 people to make: 3d animation, Acting Improvisations, Audio Podcasts, Business
& Startups, Chat, Collaborations, Creative Writing & Poetry, Creativity,
Dancing, Debating, Decisions, Digital Art, Discussion of Topics, Electronic
Music Composition/Creation (FL Studio), Engineering, Entrepreneurs, Friends,
Graphic Design, Ideas, Information Analysis, Innovation, IT Tuition, Jazz
Piano, Jazz Singing Male Baritone & Choir & Karaoke, Leadership, Management,
Mathematics, Meetings, PC Support, Phone Talk (if done from my home),
Photography, Physics (theoretical), Public Speaking, Reading online science
magazines and emails, Research, Science, Web Design, YouTube Videos. My
interactions are done by Phone, Email, Online Chat, anything we can make and
send each other and collaborate on. Note: For our interactions, collaborations,
hobbies, volunteer work, etc to turn out successful, it may be necessary for
there to be a financial cost to me in order for you or your organization to
make !
 it work,
 so let me know what you suggest.

Canberra, Australia
An Image Scan of something I have done in the past (page 1):
http://www.jevan.com.au/files/emailSignature/104A.Menslink-volunteering-multicultural-festival-page1-2017feb17.png
An Image Scan of something I have done in the past (page 2):
http://www.jevan.com.au/files/emailSignature/104B.Menslink-volunteering-multicultural-festival-page2-2017feb17.png
Latest Photo of Jevan Pipitone:
http://www.jevan.com.au/files/emailSignature/JevanPipitonePhoto-Latest.jpg
Web: http://www.jevan.com.au/
Tel: (02) 6152 8010 (or +61 2 6152 8010)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jevanpipitone
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jevanpipitone
GitHub: http://www.github.com/jevanpipitone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jevanpipitone