The Australian National University is moving to remote working, teaching and research from Thursday 26 March until Saturday 27 June: https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/working-from-home

For the last few days I have been trying out Zoom video conferencing. Curiously, I found it works better if I *slow* its network connection down to 512 kbps. https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2020/03/tuning-zoom-videoconferencing.html

Previously I have used "video" conferencing at as little as 28.8 kbps. But Zoom doesn't seem to have settings for telephone quality audio and one frame per second video. https://blog.tomw.net.au/2011/07/reducing-bandwidth-requirements-of-web.html

Keep safe.

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP IP3P http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington