Hi Roger,

Perhaps "BlueDating" is relevant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluedating

Marghanita

On 29/4/20 1:05 pm, Roger Clarke wrote:
Aaargh! An ancient domain somehow crept in.

The correct URL is:
http://www.rogerclarke.com/EC/EBPA.html

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RFC: Does CovidSafe Actually Work?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 12:56:37 +1000
From: Roger Clarke <roger.cla...@xamax.com.au>
To: link <l...@anu.edu.au>

I'm sceptical.

I've flung together some preliminary notes, with a view to establishing what's known about the effectiveness of apps like this.

I'd appreciate feedback, pointers to sources, and pointers to people who are actively working on such questions.

Thanks!  ...  Roger

           The Effectiveness of Bluetooth Proximity Apps
               Preliminary Notes of 29 April 2020

      http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/EC/EBPA.html

                             Abstract

Public health teams trace people who may have been exposed to a person infected with COVID-19. I'm a sceptic about the effectiveness of apps based on Bluetooth proximity data in supporting the efforts of those teams. These are preliminary and hastily-flung-together notes intended to frame the problem, and hence guide the search for evidence to support or debunk my scepticism.

--
Marghanita da Cruz
Telephone: 0414-869202