Mmmm …

From my experience they tend to hide behind catch-phrases like “World’s Best
Practice” and award themselves self assessed gongs and appropriations, rather
than face the simple truth that the vast majority of their IT projects are
debacles and disasters.

That said, the I find the fact that the government are basically and
fundamentally incompetent at IT projects (especially major large scale ones)
very reassuring from a privacy and police state perspective. Dutton and his
blackshirts, the highly politicised Federal Police and our all pervasive
national security agencies, and our more-and-more police state welfare services
seem to have problems getting any data, in any usable format,, even collected …
let alone processed …

In short, their monumental IT incompetence saves the rest of us from their
police-state ambitions. It doesn’t stop an ever increasing proportion of the
Federal budget going the way of ‘intelligence’ and ‘intelligence services’ ...
but given that 95% of that budget is wasted on utter IT crap we don’t have much
to worry about.

Just my 2 cents worth ..
---