I looking for some of the basic setup for linphonec to connect (use) a local
asterisk server.

My understanding is I have to setup a proxy server (proxy add) to my asterisk
server?  I'm unsure if I am doing it correctly as I can not call the other
sip phones in my network.  I had success with minisip, but prefer to use
linphone as it is much smaller.

I can dial directly from one linphone to another, but rather go via the
asterisk server.

Examples of a working configuration of asterisk and linphonec would be greatly
appreciated, as well as usage (assuming I using linphonec incorrectly).

Thanks,
Craig