On Thursday, 02/14/2002 at 12:17 EST, "Scully, William"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Restating what I think you mentioned earlier, it seems that TCP/IP on VM
is
> limited to a 32K buffer.  I've looked in the TCP/IP for VM doc and I
don't
> see any records which control the size of that buffer.  Have I
misunderstood
> you or misread the doc?

Bill, the VM doc doesn't discuss how to write a CTC device driver and the
32K I/O buffer is an artifact of driver implementation.  You would have to
read the VM TCP/IP CTC driver source code to figure it out.

All CTC driver implementations must assume that a 32K chunk of data could
be received, containing multiple packets of MTU-size bytes and CTC frame
headers.  There is no buffer size negotiation.  I would think that the
Linux CTC driver would default to 32K, but I don't know.

Regards,
Alan

IBM Senior Software Engineer
z/VM Development,     Endicott, NY
Phone  607.752.6027    fax 607.752.1497     t/l 852