> In a message dated 5/24/2002 9:48:08 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > Hi Dave.
> >
> > nscd is part of the glibc and provides a name service cache. Here the head
> > output of a simple man nscd:
> >

> Phil,
> Thanks for the reply!
> So...does that mean I don't install the nscd-2.2.4-20.s390.rpm,
> because it's "part of the glibc" RPM.
>
> Or...do I have to install it in addition to the glibc RPMs....
> If the latter, why didn't the RPM install of glibc call out nscd as a
> requisite ??

It's one of the glibc rpms and you're looking right at it. If you want the
servers, install it.

Try this command:
rpm -qip nscd-2.2.4-20.s390.rpm
and see what its source rpm is;-)

You will find quite a few examples where more than one binaries rpm have a
common source rpm.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!