We are running SuSE SLES7 beta Linux Kernel 2.4.7. The Samba delivered was
Samba 2.2.0a. I used YAST to install the source and created a source tree
under /usr/src/samba-2.2.0a. I downloaded all the patches and successfully
applied them up to 2.2.5.

My question is where do I go from here? I know I have to compile the
source. What are the commands or sequence of commands necessary? I here a
lot about the .spec file. What is it and what do I do with it? Are there
any gotchas? I appreciate any assistance this newbie can receive. Thanks.

Peter E. Abresch Jr.