Josh,

Thanks, yes I had that parameter set.

I was successful in getting a Windows 2000 server to upload the drivers to
a working Linux printer - not via the Add Printer Wizard (APW), but by
adding the Samba-defined printer (via the [printers] share).  I still have
to find time for testing. Because Windows doesn't find the drivers, it asks
for them and copies them to \\my.samba.server\[print$]\path\W32X86 and adds
them to a new directory named '2' .  To get the APW working, apparently you
need a script via the "addprinter command" to add the new printer to
/etc/printcap and recycle the print server - perhaps a bit too magical for
its own good.  Are you using a script?  I still need to test uploading
Windows 9x drivers and using them from a 9x client.

          -Mike MacIsaac,  IBM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061