It would seem to me that you have all the pieces prereq to running it in a normal way,
save the VM license, which you'd have to have in any case. Assuming you get the VM
license, and aren't planning on snarfing a copy from a neighbor, why not bring up VM
in your LPAR, and run the Linux image you have now beneath it?

----
Robert P. Nix                            internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mayo Clinic                                  phone: 507-284-0844
200 1st St. SW                             page: 507-255-3450
Rochester, MN 55905
----
"In theory, theory and practice are the same,
 but in practice, theory and practice are different."