Chuck,

Although I only have two LINUX guests under zVM 3.1, I have an exec that
runs the backups using DDR.  I have the operator shutdown each instance
while they run the backup and at the end the EXEC will ask whether to
IPL(boot) or not.  I successfully recovered both LINUX quests when I went
through a DR in September.

Loren Charnley, Jr.
Tech Support Administrator
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.