I was using YAST on our 31-bit SuSE system and looking to see if Java was
installed.
I went to the package information screen and did a Search for "java" and
came up with nothing that looks like java on this system.

(Results of Search)
[i]   s a2ps               Converts ASCII text into PostScript

[i]   s aaa_base           SuSE Linux base package

[i]   s aaa_skel           SuSE Linux Default User
[i]   s ctags              Generate tag files for use with vi and other
editors                 [i]   s icons              Lots of icons
[i]   s kdebase-nsplugin   KDE 2 base package: Netscape plugin support
[i]   s kdelibs            KDE 2 base package: Libraries
[i]   s mc                 Midnight Commander
[i]   s openldap2          The new OpenLDAP Server (LDAPv3)
[i]   s python             Python Interpreter
[i]   s susehelp_en        SuSE Help-System (base)
[i]   s vim                Vi IMproved

I am Running on a SLES7-BETA system on a Z-800
Linux vmlinux 2.4.7-SuSE-SMP #1 SMP Wed Oct 17 15:31:03 GMT 2001 s390
unknown

Where is Java? is it part of Apache?

What Java is recommended for this system.

            \|/
           (. .)
TIA, ___ooO-(_)-Ooo___, Larry Davis