Can I assume that I will share the DATAPATH with the Z/OS LPAR???

                    Alan Altmark
                    <Alan_Altmark@u        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    s.ibm.com>             cc:
                    Sent by: Linux         Subject:     Re: Setting up OSA-express for
Z/VM ... running in an LPAR.
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    01/31/2003
                    04:11 PM
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

On Friday, 01/31/2003 at 02:54 GMT, Eddie Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Current, we have an OSA-express that  being shared by
> two Z/OS LPAR. Each LPAR has one TCPIP stack running at one time...
however
> the "datapath" has two unique addresses for each of the LPAR - total of
> four addresses for the datapath and two for the read/write.
>
> My question is that,  can  I attach the  next  address
> in the datapath as the third address  of my  TCPIP(Z/VM )  stack???

I think z/OS allows the datapaths to be specified separately, z/VM
doesn't.  You have to give VM n, n+1, and n+2.

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development

This message and its attachments may contain  privileged and confidential information.
 If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from printing,
forwarding, saving or copying this email.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer.