YOU was broken at couple kernel levels. The latest kernel is good -
2.4.19-70.
I know 2.4.19-63 had problems.
We had to go back to the original source kernel off the SuSE United Linux 1
CD's so that we could use YOU to get the latest source kernel (I think
2.4.19-43).  We had ordered SLES 7 and United 1 at the same time. The
registration number was on the CD case for the SLES 7.  We had to register
at SuSE's website. But it sounds like you are all set with registration.