From: Glen Gunselman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 15:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SSLSERV on VM

Lawrence,

I have not created the SSL server (do not have z/VM 3.1) but I'm
interested in what it takes.

Are you using http://www.vm.ibm.com/pubs/pdf/fzaa3a00.pdf

This manual contains the following paragraph:

"The SSL server runs on the Linux operating system, which runs as a
guest in the
SSL server virtual machine. This Linux operating system is specially
configured to
support only the SSL application; general use of this Linux operating
system is
not supported. No knowledge of Linux is required to configure the SSL
server or
to perform any SSL server administration functions."

Is this statement on the optimistic side?

Glen Gunselman
Enterprise System Coordinator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/3/2003 9:35:54 AM >>>
This is being cross posted to the VMESA and Linux-390 LISTSERV's

Has anyone successfully created an SSL server, running on VM. I am
having a
terrible time installing and configuring this server with the
available
documentation. from IBM and the TCP/IP Support site.

            \|/
           (. .)
TIA, ___ooO-(_)-Ooo___, Larry Davis