It was the answer on

"I am getting e-mails every hour that this ran. How do I suppress e-mails
root about this?"

Nothing more.

Actually, I had to write

MAILTO="some_another_user"

Is this better? :)

        WBR, Sergey

John Summerfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
25.06.2003 10:44
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Cron sending e-mail

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Sergey Korzhevsky wrote:

> My 2 cents
>
> MAILTO=""
> 10 *  * * *     root  /usr/sbin/ntpdate -u condor

If that works, and the netpdate fails, there's no evidence to help
resolve the problems.

i _hate_ it when an author goes to the trouble of providing sensible
messages, and some dopey administrator (not offence intended, Sergey)
sends them to /dev/null.

I have in mind in particular postgresql (on Red Hat Linux), but I think
there are other examples in /etc/init.d.

--

Cheers
John.