We recently moved a java app and some MQ clients and servers to
linux/390 for testing. Folks here are used to Solaris and are confused
by the number of processes that show up when you issue 'ps -ef'. Many
more than they are used to. If you ask Jeeves, there is info on the
threading model linux uses. Linux apparently doesn't have 'lightweight'
processes. Every thread is a process? I looked for an option on 'ps' to
try to make the display look more like Solaris but didn't see one. Does
anyone know of a good source of documentation on linux threading and
processes?