On Friday, 11/07/2003 at 08:33 PST, "Wolfe, Gordon W"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The note I got from Mr. Brandt below shows why we're confused.  Very
> inconsitent information in this redbook.

> > pg 264
> > zSeries Crypto Guide Update
> > 4. If you are using a zSeries z900 GA2 machine, do the following:
> > On the PR/SM panel where you choose which architecture your LPAR will
> > support, choose ESA390. (Do not choose Linux only; if you choose Linux
> > only, no crypto devices will be available to your LPAR.)
> >
> > pg 23
> > Note: PCICC cards cannot be ordered with the Linux-only z800 model.
> >
> > pg 24
> > Linux for zSeries will also support the PCICA card for SSL usage. This
applies
> > whether the Linux-only model is used, or the Integrated Facility for
Linux
> (IFL) on
> > a general-purpose model is used, or if Linux is running under a normal
CP, or
> if
> > Linux is under VM.

The PCICC is definitely out.  The only question is really about PCICA and
whether it is available on IFLs.  I will double-check to verify.  (Hey,
this wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong today...)

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer
IBM z/VM Development