Try this solution (about loop-database).

http://www-306.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/document.d2w/report?&fn=1079756

DB2 Development Center on Red Hat 7.2 Systems Exception Error
Applicable version(s): 8

Applicable platform(s): Linux

Abstract: When you are running the DB2 Development Center on Red Hat 7.2 systems
with a 2.4 kernel level user actions such as building running and dropping
database objects on your local system may result in the following
exception: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0108E
Communication link failure. SQLSTATE=40003

Cause:

Solution:
You must create an alias for your database. For example, if you have a
local database named SAMPLE on your local host myhost, enter the following DB2
commands in your command prompt window to create
an alias for the database SAMPLE:
db2 catalog tcpip node myhost remote myhost server nnnn
db2 catalog database sample as mysamp at node myhost
where nnnn is the port number of the database management system.
After entering these commands, connect to mysamp instead of SAMPLE in the DB2
Development Center.

        WBR, Sergey

Rob Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
20.01.2004 16:45
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port