Mike,

I use the following simple method to see how much cpu/io an application needs :

before the test I enter the following CP command :

INDICATE USER xxxx

you will get something like :
CPU 00: CTIME=35:46 VTIME=085:50 TTIME=100:05 IO=820810

I then perform my tests on the linux(x transactions)
when the tests are completed I enter again

INDICATE USER xxxx
CPU 00: CTIME=35:47 VTIME=086:20 TTIME=100:36 IO=823122

now I can compute how much cpu (TTIME),31 sec or (IO),2312 were consumed.

Regards,
Herve Bonvin