First Thanks to everyone for there inputs.  Here is what I had to do to get
the basic VSWITCH setup going

In the PROFILE TCPIP file (TCPMAINT 198'D' disk) added

        VSWITCH CONTROLLER ON 0C5C 0C5E

For each User connecting to the switch, I added this directory entry to the
corresponding USER entry in the  USER DIRECT file ( MAINT 2CC 'C' disk)

        NICDEF 0F00 TYPE QDIO DEVICES 3 LAN SYSTEM SWITCH01

In the SYSTEM CONFIG file (MAINT CF1 disk) I defined the Virtual Switch

        Define VSWITCH SWITCH01 Controller * CONNECT

The real trick was to add some entries to the PROFILE EXEC of AUTOLOG1 or
OPERATOR to define what real  address CP used to connect to the real
NETWORK, and who is authorized to connect to the switch. I added these
entries to the PROFILE EXEC in AUTOLOG1

        ADDRESS COMMAND CP 'AUTOLOG TCPIP    IAMANSVM '
        'CP SLEEP 10 SEC'
        ADDRESS COMMAND CP 'SET VSWITCH SWITCH01 RDEV  0C5C     '
        ADDRESS COMMAND CP 'SET VSWITCH SWITCH01 GRANT RHELAS3  '
        ADDRESS COMMAND CP 'SET VSWITCH SWITCH01 GRANT REDHAT01 '
        ADDRESS COMMAND CP 'SET VSWITCH SWITCH01 GRANT REDHAT02 '
        ADDRESS COMMAND CP 'SET SIGNAL SHUTDOWN 60 '

After looking through the documentation, and everyone's help on this list I
have established a basic switched network. The DEFINE LAN command in the
SYSTEM CONFIG file may be a better route. I could define the Real Device and
GRANT authorization to the users and eliminate the entries in AUTOLOG1's
PROFILE EXEC.

Thanks again to all the helpers out there.

Larry Davis