Well, the CPU at work actually went below 100% today. I tried compiling
it and it failed. No big shocker there! I had to add 5 source
statements, which basically "nop'ed" the IP_OPTIONS flag and excluded
two #include files which do not exist on z/OS. I used an "#ifdef
__HOS_MVS__". It then compiled and ran cleanly on my z/OS 1.4 system. I
then ftp'ed the executable to my test z/OS 1.4 system. I ran a short,
simple, test

PROD>nc -w 3 test.ip.address portnum <test.file

And on the TEST system:

TEST>nc -l -p portnum >test.file

Of course, replace "test.ip.address" with the correct IP address and
"portnum" with the port you are using.

test.file was a simple text file. It went across with no problem. I did
not even try to test all the included scripts! I don't know what will
happen between an EBCDIC and ASCII host, but I'd bet that the file would
remain in EBCDIC on the receiving end.

I compiled this program using both the z/OS 1.4 C compiler and the
OS/390 2.10 compiler (which comes with z/OS 1.4 - I don't have an OS/390
2.10 system any more).

Unfortunately the listserver bounced my messaged due to size > 1,000
lines. I send a zip'ed pax'ed file to the original person. I hope he
gets it.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.