From: David Boyes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 2:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Printing with SAMBA and CUPS

> I have just started into the discovery phase and did a little
> poking around.
> I have two questions at this early stage:  1) I have not been
> able to locate
> a driver for the IBM 6400 printer and, 2) I am not sure if I need the
> drivers for the Okidata printers or the JetDirect cards.

Use the "dumb" line printer driver for the 6400 (or define it as a
passthrough LPR printer and feed it to RSCS, which does know what to do
with it).

For the Oki printers, use the Oki drivers. The Jetdirect driver is the
transport for getting the data to the printer; CUPS still needs to know
what kind of printer is actually attached at the other end of the link
to produce the right escape sequences.