Thanks for responding. Here is what I get:

linuxd01:/etc/sysconfig/network # lsmod
qdio                   37040   0
8021q                  15256   0  (unused)
nfsd                   80392   4  (autoclean)
ipv6                  329288  -1  (autoclean)
key                    41840   0  (autoclean) [ipv6]
lcs                    29248   1
dummy0                  1108   1
ctc                    49824   3
fsm                     2032   0  [ctc]
lvm-mod                70408  11  (autoclean)
dasd_eckd_mod          56648   5
dasd_mod               49748   7  [dasd_eckd_mod]
reiserfs              254940   7

What do I removed. I still have eth0 going so I cannot remove lcs.

Peter

             "Cameron, Thomas"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ankofamerica.com>                                          To
             Sent by: Linux on         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             390 Port                                                   cc
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             IST.EDU>                                              Subject
                                       Re: Dynamic I/O Configuration and
                                       removing eth1
             08/19/2004 07:02
             PM

             Please respond to
             Linux on 390 Port
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 IST.EDU>

rmmod <kernel module>

Use lsmod to see what the actual kernel module is called.  Also, if you use
modprobe instead of insmod it works better.  Modprobe will not only load
the module you want but also auto-load any dependencies.

--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Assistant Vice President

The opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of
my employer, Bank of America.