CA has an info APAR that describes the process on enabling VMNFS through
VM Secure I will try to find it.

Larry Davis

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Wolfe, Gordon W
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 13:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Setting up VMNFS

This is cross-posted to both the VM-ESA list and the Linux-390 list.
Sorry for the duplications.

I have a number of apache webservers on several Linux servers that need
to use various pieces of data that is also in use by a number of VM
webservers using VM:Webgateway.  This data is updated every few months.
Rather than go around and update all the various locations, it would be
most convenient if I could update it in one location on VM and just have
all the other systems be able to use it.  It seems that NFS would be the
best solution.  I looked at cmsfs, but I also need the occasional
read-write capability.

So I'm trying to set up VMNFS for the first time.  It's considerably
different than NFS on Linux.  I'm having all kinds of problems with
"permission denied".  I'll want to serve out both minidisks and SFS
data.  I'd like to use VM:Secure as the ESM, but I can live with just
using the CP directory entries.

Could someone who has VMNFS working and accessible from Linux send me:

1.      A copy of their VMNFS CONFIG file

2.      A copy of the relevant parts of the DCTPARMS file for VMNFS

3.      The syntax of the mount command you use from linux.  What do you
do about hard-coding the passwords in the mount command?

4.      Anything else you think I'm missing?

So one elephant says to another, "You'll never believe what happened
last night. I was trying on Groucho Marx's pajamas--and he shot me!"
Gordon Wolfe, Ph.D. (425)865-5940
VM Technical Services, The Boeing Company

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390