>So, there's really no way to say, "load *this* device with *this*
>discipline" ?

>I ask because I'm trying to get swap in DIAG again, and because I have
>all three DASD disciplines in the kernel, it's getting detected as FBA.

>Well, that shouldn't be so bad, in that I should be able to

>echo 1 > /sys/bus/ccw/devices/0.0.0151/use_diag

>Only that doesn't actually work.  The discipline doesn't change.  What
>did I do wrong?
Err... nifty pitfall indeed ;). You need to set the device offline, then
change the use_diag parameter, and
in the end set it online again. Kernel should display a message to make it
clear ;).

with kind regards
Carsten Otte
--
omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur, nondum
habetur, quomodo habenda est