Sorry, I failed to mention that I was moving both services to SLES9 s390x.

-----

Has anyone on the list migrated from an older Samba Server 2.2.x to a
more current one?  If so,  what were the steps that you took to migrate
users and machine accounts to the new server?

I am wanting to have the *** new *** Samba server authenticate against
an LDAP server on a different image?  Is that possible or should I have
both services (ldap, samba) on the same linux image?

Current setup is using smbpasswd backend on SLES7 s390 Samba 2.2.x.

Thanks