I am cross-posting this question to both the VMESA-L and LINUX-390 lists.

I am looking for anyone who might be willing to share experience using
SCSI/FCP DASD on zSeries with Linux.  We are currently doing all of our
virtual Linux with CKD DASD.  Many potential applications really need
amounts of disk space that are only practical with open systems storage.
If anyone is willing to share information about a configuration they have
working I would be very interested.  I am looking for combinations of
information like: z990; z/VM v.r; SuSE Linux; IBM SHARK/DS8000 or EMX xxxxx
or STK xxxxx; dedicated SCSI to guest or z/VM-controlled with mini-disks.
Any experience with DASD other than IBM SHARK would be particularly
interesting.

Rick Barlow
Systems Engineering Consultant
Nationwide Services Co., Enterprise Business Intelligence Services
Mainframe, z/VM and zSeries Linux Support
One Nationwide Plaza  3-25-02
Columbus OH 43215-2220   U.S.A
Voice: (614) 249-5213    Fax: (614) 677-7681
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]