Von: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Auftrag von
Jon Brock
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. April 2006 21:09
An: LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Betreff: Logical volume inactive at IPL

I'm sure I have seen this question answered before, but I can't find it on the
archives.  I have a linux guest (SLES 8) under VM 5.1 which fails to bring its
logical volumes online when it is IPLed.  After every boot, I have to go into
linux and issue a vgscan command, followed by an "lvchange -a" to activate the
logical volume.  Then I can mount the LV normally.  It fails to mount when I
include it in /etc/fstab.

I can see in boot.msg these messages:
<notice>run boot scripts (boot.lvm)
Scanning for LVM volume groups...
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  No volume groups found
Activating LVM volume groups...
  No volume groups found
..skipped
<notice>exit status of (boot.lvm) is (0)

All of the DASD seems to come up OK, but I have to do the lvchange every time.
What am I forgetting?

Thanks,
Jon