for the moment yes

> you will need to create a
>file called route-hsi0

to be created also in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts ?

> that contains the detail of the route
>you wish to create.  The format will be:
>
><vipa-address of z/OS> via <HSI interface of z/OS>
>
>This will ensure that any traffic directed to the VIPA of z/OS
>goes via HiperSockets.

This is fine, I can do that in any case.

Is it also necessary if the applications (we plan to implement) use the
IP-address the HSI interface of z/os directly, and not the VIPA-Address of
z/OS? So that every conversation
from-Linux-to-z/os and back explicitly uses the HSI-Address?

Thanks so much ...

Anna

~~
Dr. Anna Fuhrmann