David Boyes wrote:
I noticed that,  if the OSA card is  OSA Gigabit Express (OSA-GBX),

the

last
row of the following table. Does that mean,  the linux module to be

used

should be QETH, not LCS.

Yes.

( Mark Post had in the first place advised me to leave Marist).

Listen to him. The Marist tarball is ancient and will cause you much
frustration that can be avoided. All the distributions are downloadable
at this point, both commercial and non-commercial. Use something modern.

For much fun and games, point yourselves here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/RHEL5-Beta1

It's free, and it's (probably) supported (in a fashion). Everyone should
take a copy and run ut up on their systems so as to whinge and gripe
about what's wrong with it and why SLES10 is better;-)

I myself intend to make a Herculean effort, just as soon as I have it on
my Pentium IV.

--

Cheers
John