Hi,
We began testing Tomcat 5 a few weeks ago. It starts OK when I'm logged
in and I use '/etc/init.d/tomcat5 start'. However there is a problem
when starting during the boot process. From what I can tell in the logs,
it can't find jmx.jar which is normally part of the CLASSPATH
definition. I set CLASSPATH in profile.local.

I tried running 'sh /etc/profile.local' after boot.local and before
Tomcat is supposed to start, but CLASSPATH still doesn't show up in env.
I tried starting Tomcat via Yast, chkconfig, and the above command from
my local /config setup, with the same result. I'm hoping there's a
simple answer to this?

Ray Mrohs
U.S. Department of Justice
202-307-6896