On Jul 8, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Mark Post wrote:
Adam Thornton had at least once instance where reiserfs ate his data
on a system under heavy load.  All in all, enough to make someone
running a business to worry.

Much worse: it ate a customer's data.

Suffice it to say, I no longer use or recommend reiserfs--particularly
since the Reiser maintainers' position when I complained was "well,
you should be using the newest version."  My customer didn't really
want to go with a version that, you know, WASN'T SUPPORTED IN THE
DISTRIBUTION.

Ext3, on the other hand, wasn't all that fast, but WAS quite stable.
My feelings about the stability of the filesystem are completely
orthogonal to my feelings about the stability of its inventor.

Adam