and look at the way the installation sources have been setup, I don't
like what I see.

The update by booting from CD system has the following active sources:
SLES10-SP2-Pool pointed at nu.novell.com
SLES10-SP2-Updates pointed at nu.novell.com
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 pointed at the NFS server that
contains the DVD images.

The YaST online update system has the following active installation sources.
SLES10-SP2-Online pointed at nu.novell.com
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 pointed at the NFS Server that
contains the CD images
SLES10-SP2-Updates pointed at nu.novell.com

I would really like to be able to delete my SLES10 SP1 CD images off of
the NFS server once I get all the systems to SP2.  The 'How to update"
article mentions that this might happen and mentions that "you can
substitute certain catalogs." to change things.  Does anyone know the
correct procedure to do this?  I would really like my "online update
system" install sources to look like the "boot from CD system."

I have tried monkeying around with the installation source dialog, but I
am unable to get it do to this.  (Some sort of authority problem.)

These systems are freshly created systems.  (I just happened to have a
request for a few new systems come along at just the right time.  They
never had any sort of user code placed on them.  This may be part of the
problem.  Since our company has migrated from a z9 box to a z10 box, I
have not been able to "activate" a new system.  (Yes, I have opened an
SR.  It was opened July 18 by the friendly folks at the Novell Licensing
Center.)  These systems are running "unactivated" and thus only have
access to updates for a few more days.

Has anyone been able to modify the Installation Sources on a SP2 system
that was updated by "YaST Online Update?

Thanks,
Ron Foster

Baldor Electric
479-648-5865