>>> On 8/24/2008 at  8:37 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Philip Hitti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please advice what the difference in Red Hat and Suse (Enterprize Zlinux )
> working enviroment.  Can Red Hat administrator can work with Suse Z/linux
> (mainframe)
> Regards

While I was at EDS, we supported both Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and SUSE
Linux Enterprise Server systems on Intel/AMD.  The team was far more familiar
with RHEL than SLES.  We managed quite well.  I think any sysadmins will have
far more difficulty adapting to the differences between midrange and mainframe
Linux, and the use of z/VM, than between distributions.  And, while there is
some adjustment for that, I don't think it's extreme.  I've even had some
people comment to me that they like YaST, and wish Red Hat had a similar "one
place to go to" for administration functions.

It basically boils down to whether you have system administrators that are
willing and eager to learn new things or not.  My team was, and just went with
the flow.  Others aren't, and prefer to swim upstream and possibly drown.