From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:14 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Two Different YaST2 Control Center displays

>>> On 8/6/2008 at  3:04 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Mrohs, Ray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have 2 SLES10 SP1 servers. When I start yast2 on the first linux,
the
> xterm screen shows a long scrolling list of selections, and its slow.
On
> the second linux, the Control Center display is compact and all on one
> screen, and its faster. Where should I look for the cause of the
> differences?

This turned out to be a difference in what RPMs were installed.  The
"long scrolling list" was from yast2-control-center-gnome package, but
there were also 40+ other GNOME RPMs installed.  Some applications
(Oracle applications among them) require some GNOME components to be
installed, but that wasn't the case here.  Removing the GNOME RPMs sped
things up, and saved some disk space.