Alan Cox wrote:
The penguins would be fairy penguins, a big one would reach as far as my
shin. The same, I think, as the one Linus met.

Yes - I've met the same raft of penguins at that zoo. They are fairy
penguins and tiny. I think Linus rather over-dramatises being bitten ;)

In the 50s, when I was learning to swim at Flinders Bay, I saw my first
one: someone had found one alone, and caught it. I've been fishing there
many times since, and never seen another. However, there's a colony of
them off Perth, at Penguin Is. I think they're to be found in the wild
around the south coast of Australia, and quite likely South Africa and
South America.

--

Cheers
John