Mark Post wrote:
On 9/26/2008 at  3:56 PM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Brad Hinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
Yep, resize2fs is the replacement for ext2online, and it works with both
offline and mounted ext2/ext3 file systems.

Do the file systems have to have been created after a certain maintenance level
to be assured of that?  That was the case with SLES.  Only file systems created
after SP2 were really supported.

Mark Post

I initially thought there might be a hard line between file systems
created in RHEL 4 vs. 5, but I did a quick test.  With the magic of z/VM
LINK, I created a file system in RHEL 4 and extended it on RHEL 5
without a hitch.

Of course that's my quick 'n dirty test matrix :)

Brad Hinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sr. Support Engineer Lead, System z
Red Hat, Inc.
(919) 754-4198