On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:49:19 -0400
Michael MacIsaac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> A developer told me I could "git" his code at a certain URL. Not wanting
> to admit that I've never used git, I decide to try it.
> -) I log onto a SLES 10 SP2 s390x Linux (with application development RPMs
> installed) and look for git => not found
> -) I search for git through yast => not found
> -) I google the Web and find a source RPM and try to build it using my
> limited knowledge of how to do that ==>
>     # rpmbuild -bb git.spec
>     error: Failed build dependencies:
>         asciidoc is needed by git-1.5.6.5-9.1.s390x
>         curl-devel is needed by git-1.5.6.5-9.1.s390x
>         sgml-skel is needed by git-1.5.6.5-9.1.s390x
>         xmlto is needed by git-1.5.6.5-9.1.s390x
>         openssl-devel is needed by git-1.5.6.5-9.1.s390x
>
> So, using git is harder than I hoped it would be. Has anyone used git on
> s390x? Is there an easier way?  Thanks.

You need to dig out the listed packages and install them first (and
their dependancies). RPM packages have a list of things they need to be
present to compile correctly and that is what your errors are.

Alan
--
  "we humans seem to wait until someone is dead to tell each other how
great that person was. Maybe we need to be telling each other how great