>>> On 1/29/2009 at  1:00 PM, John D Randles <john.d.rand...@aexp.com> wrote:
> Hi there Im trying to mimic RACF style access control lists on zLinux as
> the basic file permissions just dont give the control we are looking for.
> Have any of you used ACLs ?
> Are they easy to set up and manage ?

I suppose if you work with them long enough, the answer would be yes.  Until
that point, they seem difficult.  Of course, my first introduction to using
them was during a certification exam that I decided to take at the last minute,
so I might be biased.

> Will they give me the same flexibility as RACF has for datasets ?

I've never found RACF to be particularly flexible, coming from an ACF2
background.  What sorts of things are you looking for?